The Trilogy!!!

Whoah. That’s what I thought.
Mono sound in games? That’s idiotic. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah. Considering the N64 used stereo…

The SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis had stereo output and the console is from 1988.
The Playstation 2 could play DVD’s and it was made 2000.
The Philips CD-I was released 1991. It had a 1x CD-ROM and could play Audio CD’s.

Can you see why I could be fooled by the info Toastyfrog.com had?

Not many differences except graphics in multiplayer of the Japanese Wii Version of Echoes (or Dark Echoes :stuck_out_tongue:) And you can customize your controls with the options from MP3, but the gameplay looks a lot more fun. Just changing the controller and such changed the entire multiplayer mode. I’m happy with what they got. MAYBE we will get something better.
video of multiplayer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UilolE3jQmI

Spoiler Warning…
Metroid Prime Trilogy Intro play

It’s a bit odd that they would spoil the final bosses of all 3 games. I assume this will be the FMV that’s played if you leave the MPT menu on idle for 30 seconds. It has a pretty cool introduction (of what I can presume is a close inside shot of Samus Aran’s gun cannon… not sure why Nintendo has started to make a big thing of it as of late, but whatever.)

The brief new music is a bit… questionable. I’d need to listen to it in whole, but it sounds like they’ve tried to incorporate all the MP themes into one, and it doesn’t really come off too well. It also sounds like the Terminator 2’s theme (timpani drums being the biggest thing here.)

That’s my biggest views. One odd little thing…

METROID PRIME 3 CORRUPTION SPOILERS

When showing off each MP game, they use the Main Menu music of each game… except for MP3C, which they oddly use Samus Vs. Rundas. I suppose it fits with the rest of the music, but the menu music is surely adequate for it?

The music. Who gives a fuck if it sounds like Terminator. Terminator was awesome. Metroid was awesome. I highly approve. I love it.

Metroid isn’t Terminator. Besides, even though the timpani sound similar to the Terminator’s theme, it still doesn’t sound that great anyway.

Hey, i can reply <.<

Anyway, I think they should release a “Metroid Anthology” set with every game in the series (hunters might be a bit of a problem though)

Pinball could be a little weird, too…

Personally i don’t even consider it a Metroid game it’s just some retarded mutant of a game.

Pinball is a fun 3rd party game if you consider it 3rd party. Yet it’s impossible to beat (for me anyway). And it obviously isn’t fucking Terminator. It’s epic, cool, metroidy goodness. It was nice enough of them to add ANY new music to this. I happily accept it.

That intro is awesome, I can’t wait for trilogy.

@Rundas: I can beat it, took me forever though.

@Zurg:and hunters wouldn’t be a problem, just make models and textures for the hunters and recycle stuff from previous prime games and then you’ve pretty much got it, the corruption gameplay engine would obviously be used as well.

Yeah now that I think of it I think it would be cool if they remade Hunters for Wii, Corruption style. Some enemies’ graphics were so terrible I couldn’t see what they looked like. It could fix some gameplay issues too. And online would be so much fun. same maps and everything though. Same weapons…but maybe fix the story line, add some Phazon and even add some metroids in it. It would be awesome.

Damn what a dream. :cry:

Heh rundas had a wet dream :stuck_out_tongue:

Ain’t nothing preventing a skilled group of fangame programmers from turning that pipe dream into reality, be it a PC game with or without Wiimote functionality it would be awesome.

But just think about specific things. They could maybe throw in another suit sand some more upgrades to make it more metroid-y (Alimbic Suit lol) The music could be Kenji Yamamoto-ized. Some of the songs were great but just sounded bad because of the quality. They could be so much better. It would just be something so amazing.

that’s quite the tall order there >_>

This is funny, these 2 guys don’t know what the heck they’re doing.
Metroid Prime Trilogy Game play

lol idiots