Which MP2 boss would you most like to...

well, I guess I’m just thinking it would be fun to run around dodging power bombs in 2d. as for the spider ball tracks, meh.

Hey Daz, you forgot Jump Guardian on your list. And Power Bomb Guardian is already 2D-ish. How could I forget about Prime though? :blush: Alpha Blogg would be kinda interesting in 2D. No side-dashing, just Gravity Boosting.

All of them.

Yeah but ya know, it asks for a specific boss in the topic :stuck_out_tongue:

Care to elaborate on “all of 'em”?

Perhaps he means Alpha Splinter/Dark Alpha Splinter, Alpha Sandigger/Bomb Guardian, Jump Guardian, Dark Samus 1, Amorbis, Boost Guardian, Alpha Blogg, Chykka, Spider Guardian, Power Bomb Guardian, Dark Samus 2, Caretaker Class Drone, Quadraxis, Emperor Ing, and Dark Samus 3/4. :stuck_out_tongue:

IT HAS TO BE CHYKKA! Chykka is one of the coolest mp2 bosses!
If not chykka, the alpha blog would be cool. :huh:

I like Chykka too, but it wouldn’t be any fun in 2D. I still think that the Chykkas would be best in a 90 degree view point top down version.

Your right, something like dark samus or the emperor ing would be alot funner!

Boost Guardian could be implimented well into 2D. Alpha Blogg could too. (You have to use the gravity booster :smiley: ) When you think about it, many bosses could be made easily into 2D.

How would you do Boost Guardian? :confused:

Whith the boost gaurdian mabey you could do a top veiw when it goes into ball form?! :confused:

Yeah that would be easy since it’d just be morph ball from the top down.

the boost guardian’s booster form would be confusing. the logical thing to do would be to change his attack style some. for example instead of bouncing around, maybe in 2d he’d just charge across the screen once really fast and you’d have to jump over him.

No offense, J., but your interpretation wouldn’t really recreate the heartpounding boss that Boost Guardian should be.

Heart pounding? I never seem to find in metroid bosses what everyone else finds.

And none taken.

Heartpounding as in: “Aaaaargh! NO! He’s working me again!” :stuck_out_tongue: I can beat him now no prob though.

I think that guy was the first thing I ever died on. I didn’t really have a strategy and the HP sapping didn’t help. Metroid prime 2 may be the only game that it’s literally impossible never to lose HP without cheating (unless the losing HP is critical to the plotline like when samus is reduced to 99 hp when she loses her suit in zero mission). Then I went back, my strategy mostly the same but also focusing on getting him to hit those max energy holding pillars, and after a bit of a fight, he go deeaaadd. Huzzah.

And what do you mean ‘he’s working me again?’

It means “He’s slaughtering me!” It’s easiest to beat him with semi-charged Light shots, but only if you got the Beam Ammo expansion from the Pirate base. The sad thing is, I died on Alpha Splinter twice. :blush:

I think it would be cool and easy to make the spider gaurdian.

Not to mention different in no way.