wut?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090508/ap_on_…hool_dance_flap

yeaaahhh…
and people wonder why i dont like religion -.-

Judgmental. Not all Christians are like that.

fundamentalists fail in the head, I thought the general public already established that >_>

Srsly, Pom is right. the principal is one isolated case in a position of power and he’s taking advantage of it.

I also laugh at how the article mentions the “School Committee - made up of church members” and how they threatened him with suspension.
It seems more likely to me that the author of this article is just taking a jab at religion. More likely than not of course they would go to church. Big deal…
Also, it looks like the aformentioned principal is the one threatening him with suspension, he probably just made it sound like the committee was backing him.
Lastly, who would sign a school disclosure that strict?! That’s not a high school, it’s a brain wash facility.
I feel for the kid…

Sadly there are too many Christians out there like this, so it creates a stereotype that we are all nut jobs… or child molesters. >_<

Any group in general has a bad rep to another group.

Christians - Too conservative, closed-minded, anti-science.
Athiests - Stubborn, rude, closed-minded, argumentative.

Where is the love?

On the Love boat.

no no no

thats catholics =D

I like the part about how rock music “is part of the counterculture which seeks to implant seeds of rebellion in young people’s hearts and minds.”

'Cause listening to Queen is totally gonna start a riot. :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, Zurg beat me to it. Radicals in any group stand out, and set a stereotype for the entire group that isn’t true.

Thus, my general distaste as being labeled as atheist or even agnostic (which seems to have less intolerance than the rest, IMO).

DON’T STOP ME I’M HAVING A GOOD TIME I’M HAVIN’ A GOOD TIME!

Tonight I’m gonna have myself a real good time
I feel alive and the world I’m turning inside out Yeah!
I’m floating around in ecstasy
So don’t stop me now don’t stop me
'Cause I’m having a good time having a good time

I’m a shooting star leaping through the sky
Like a tiger defying the laws of gravity
I’m a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva
I’m gonna go go go
There’s no stopping me

I’m burning through the sky Yeah!
Two hundred degrees
That’s why they call me Mister Fahrenheit
I’m trav’ling at the speed of light
I wanna make a supersonic man of you

Don’t stop me now I’m having such a good time
I’m having a ball don’t stop me now
If you wanna have a good time just give me a call
Don’t stop me now ('Cause I’m having a good time)
Don’t stop me now (Yes I’m having a good time)
I don’t want to stop at all

I’m a rocket ship on my way to Mars
On a collision course
I am a satellite I’m out of control
I’m a sex machine ready to reload
Like an atom bomb about to
Oh oh oh oh oh explode

Two hundred degrees
I wanna make a supersonic woman of you

Don’t stop me don’t stop me don’t stop me
Hey hey hey!
Don’t stop me don’t stop me
Ooh ooh ooh (I like it)
Don’t stop me have a good time good time
Don’t stop me don’t stop me
Ooh ooh Alright
Two hundred degrees
I wanna make a supersonic man out of you

Don’t stop me now I’m having such a good time
I’m having a ball don’t stop me now
If you wanna have a good time
Just give me a call
Don’t stop me now ('Cause I’m having a good time)
Don’t stop me now (Yes I’m having a good time)
I don’t wanna stop at all

yes, i felt that was needed

Agreeing with POM and Zurgy. We have to many stereotypes. Some of us are cool. :smiley:DD

very true :3
some of my best friends are religious

though it does get annoying when some of them try to push it on me xD

theyre like “OH NOES, YOUR SOUL!”

Hey, atheists can’t use their stance as propaganda to incite hateful violence. Well, except in the most basic of senses - we’re atheists, they’re not, let’s kick them. But we don’t have a book that gives us a list of people to kill, so we’re superior in at least the moral aspect of life.

It’s not about whether all Christians are bad or not. It’s about which stance makes you more likely to be evil. I think that the platonic ideal of a moral being would have to be religious, but his religion would have to not be incoherent hateful babble that’s constantly spun every which way by various churches. If you don’t believe in an afterlife, you can be evil because why not? If you do, then you can be evil because your god said to. Neither of those are really better. But, I find that there are a lot more Christian nutjobs than amoral, apathetic nihilistic atheists, for whatever reason. Atheists tend to be closer to the ideal, because it is harder for us to give up spirituality than for Christians to give up brains.

As far as being “cool” goes, no. Even if you, like most Christians, ignore 80% of what the old testament tells you to kill, the fact remains that you choose to identify as a person who respects blackmail, genocide, and all of the other fun atrocities the Lord thy God has committed. That’s uncool.

i know alot of crazy fanatical religious people
hatin on other religious people
gay peoples
women xD
and other such things religion hates xD

but all the atheists i know are nice as fuck to everyone xD

I hope you’re not including me in those atheists you know - I’m a dick.

compared to the majority of religious freaks i know, youre actually really nice xD

You know, the bible does not tell us to kill ANYONE. God will take care of that. Its not our place. I dislike religious discussion, because it turns into what looks like a fanboy war. Also, CMC your religious friends are like OH NOS YOUR SOUL, because they care about you. We believe in life after death, and we want our friends to be believers with us. So their being good friends. Not religious nut jobs. :smiley:

Lol, go for it UTA. :stuck_out_tongue:

What I find funny is the Bible says ‘love your enemies’, so the Catholics were all like: “LET’S KILL EVERYONE :smiley:” and did… I mean really…

Crusades Anybody? They FOUGHT christians.