XP 64

isn’t mac 64 bit?

Or it’s a good thing if you are running crysis, any modeling programs, any graphic arts programs, etc.

I think Mac is 64 bit, but I’m not sure. Also, OSx has a LOT of features that are hidden that you can get to, or just use a program that finds it and sets it for you. OSx does tons of stuff. Like mounting a Digital CD so you never need a disk again. (thats not hidden, just not general knowledge) I love me mac, But I be trying to get a PC so I can help the Zurginator with Project Prime. CMC and I figured out that it should cost somewhere in the 7-8 hundred range. Still have those links up.

We’ve got those too. And many to choose from. I have 15 virtual disk drives right now.

Models are essentially text files, and graphics programs don’t run any better under 64-bit than 32-bit.

:frowning:, I only have 1

also 7-8 hundred dollars?!?

UTA I can go out right now to memory express and get a machine with an 8800 Ultra, 2.8GHz dual core and 2 gigs of ram with a one half terabyte hard drive for 400, you don’t know how to shop

So your telling me that 90 fps isn’t any better than 40? Sure. >_>

I think I know a performance difference on my system.

Zurg’s right, everyone else is wrong. Yay!

Actually, I have no idea who’s right and who’s wrong. Personally, I don’t care. I’m going to enjoy this spring break, and agreeing with Zurg is the first step towards that.

Zurg, you’re right because Project Prime is sexy. That’s all there is to it.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Project Prime is brought to you by the following:
Gouda Moose Incorporated
Crytek
XP x64
and your mom. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, if I didn’t have 64-bit, it wouldn’t exist. I started on 32, but the editor kept crashing because it couldn’t squeeze enough power out of my system.

And there you have it. 64-bit is the way to go.

You can not only play Crysis on it, but you can EDIT it too.

Btw, Zurg, I knew my mom had something to do with it. I just knew it. :stuck_out_tongue:

By saying that I don’t know how to shop, Your insulting CMC. He put it together for me. BTW, 8800 isn’t that good. In fact, its bad almost. This thing has a ATI Radeon HD 4870. 260 on Newegg.

O.o

8800 ULTRA, besides its like $100 cheaper and it would still run crysis all settings high

I love how the computer industry can just slap an ULTRA or OVERCLOCKED onto a graphics card, and everyone jumps onto the same model like it’s a brand new card.

It makes me laugh.

You know, the people who decided that the industry can do that should be dragged out into the streets and shot. They should just come out with a new model.

But yeah, the 8800 ULTRA “MEGA SUPER EDITION” (sorry, but it should be that epic, even if it’s not) is actually a very good card. Better than my ATI Radeon X300, that’s for sure. Although, the X300 is not a bad card, by any means. It can play most modern games pretty well, just on the lowest graphics settings, which is a small price to pay, IMO.

8800 is the best thing out there to an extent. EVERY game on the planet is optimized for em. Crysis? Every time the demoed game play it was on an 8800, they run Very High if you get the Ultra or GTS versions.

Now for Really nice get a 285 or 260. I have a 260, and it pwns everything. I out bench the OC’d 4870s. The only ATI cards that give mine a run for its money are the 4850x2 ($300) and the 4870x2 ($450). :smiley:

That’s the 64-bit processor, not the 64-bit operating system. =P

and that is why me new PC is the shit

No, it’s not. IT IS THE SAME SYSTEM IN 32, ONLY WITHOUT THE 64 BIT OS!

Trust me, I know a LOT more about this then you. PY has already told me quite a bit about how little you know. :stuck_out_tongue:

zurg speaks the truth

It’s because he’s now running an OS that actually USES his processor, something that was meant to take advantage of that.
Let’s use a pyramid example, 'cuz I’m bored =D

Call the processor the base. The operating system is the next layer.
A 64 bit OS uses almost all of the total possible space.
A 32 bit OS uses much, much less.
The games stack on top of the OS layer.
The games on a 64 bit OS have much more to work with than the ones that have to stack on top of a 32 bit OS.
(Yes, I know processors are speed and not space, but this is an analogy. Some analogies make good comparisons, some of them make bad comparisons. None of them make sense.
ALSO, a 3 GHz processor running in 64-bit is still 3 GHz ^^)

So yeah, a graphics program will run better in 64-bit simply because it’s running on an OS that was built for that piece of hardware.

…and I don’t expect this post to make sense, so I’ll come back and edit it tomorrow or something when I need something to distract me from my essay.

That’s cold, Zurg. But you’re right.

So is Cloud. Cloud’s always right. :stuck_out_tongue: