Metroid Fusion Sequel!!

It didn’t screw up the metroid story line, but it did screw up the prime storyline.

I don’t care what anybody says, but regardless of the ending (becasue we all expected samus to blow up a phazon planet), it wasn’t done well, and phazon was completely…wasted. They did almost nothing interesting with it, as far as story. No tie ins with anything farmiliar, or anything that would have made anyone say “Wow, so That’s what ______ was…”.

The game was good, but the story really wasn’t very consistant with Prime 1. It’s like prime 3 is another subseries, seperate from prime in that aspect. >_>

Phazon was wasted? How so? Every time you entered Hyper Mode, which at the end of the game, was a quite a bit, that was Phazon. And look at Metroid Prime 2. Phazon was barely even relevant there. Aether had become two separate worlds because of Phazon, and that was it. Heck, even in Prime, Phazon was a small fraction of actual gameplay.

Prime 3 was done well. It just wasn’t the experience we were looking for. You have to look past your own opinions to truly form a conclusion to something.

I saw many tie-ins with Prime 1. For instance, the parasite queens in Xenoresearch. What about all the lore. That made me look back on the Chozo Lore in Prime 1. Skytown was a perfect reincarnation of Phendrana Drifts. NOT in the traditional sense, but it contained the same atmosphere.

I had a couple moments of that “Wow, so that’s what ____ was…” For instance, the entire leviathan part of Prime 3 helped me understand Prime 1. My biggest question in Prime 1 was why Metroid Prime was just sitting in Impact Crater, and why it continued to fight you once it began to lose. It was under control of a leviathan, and that helped me understand a lot of the storyline to Prime. Yes, the Chozo lores helped a little in the original Prime, but not nearly to the extent that Corruption did.

I found Prime 3 to be a very nice conclusion to the storyline. It tied up all loose ends, as far as I’m concerned. And who knows, maybe Phazon will make another appearance somewhere along the line.

No, it won’t. Phaaze is gone, and all phazon went with it. Retro confirmed that Prime 3 would be the end of Phazon. The game’s epilogue stated that phazon was gone.

Phazon is gone. End of story.

I’m not sure if you misread me, didn’t read it, or completely missed my point.

Phazon in the fictual world of metroid was wasted. They didn’t tie it in with Metroids or Chozo or even a fricken ancient race that died with it.

Umm did I ever say otherwise? I’m pretty sure I said it was a great game. The EXPERIENCE, was everything I was looking for, but afterwards, the story left a bad taste in my mouth.

Tie ins? A couple parasite queens in Xenoresearch and NOBODY knows why the hell the pirates have parasite queens there. That’s not a tie in, that’s attempting a tie in…and failing.

Skytown and Phendrana drifts? No. And even if they had the same atmosphere, how the hell is that a tie in?

The leviathens were the ONLY part of phazon they really even tried to tie in. But even then, they killed that by showing the metroid prime Exoskeleton on Phaaze.

So if Metroid primes are native to phaaze (assuming they come from hopper metroids), why did the leviathen have one inside, instead of choosing a host from Tallon IV. They never said the chozo had metroids on Tallon IV before the pirates, so even if you can say that it posses at metroid host there, you couldn’t prove a Tallon IV metroid would mutate the same way as a phazon metroid?

Space pirate lore was really lame in Prime 3. The pirates had none of the personality established in the previous games. The lore on Brryo and skytown wasn’t too bad, but there was NO lore on phaaze, which probably would have fixed all the problems I had with the ending. Don’t say they couldn’t put lore there either. You could download memeories from the semi-sentient tentacles or something.

Then you’re not concerned with loose ends.

And yeah, what Daz said.

Don’t even get me started on this steaming pile of story ruining awfulness… I have alot of problems with the ending, namely the lack of one. honestly, think about Phaaze for a minute, then look at how many planets recieved a seed, then look at the intervals between infections. fifty here, a hundred there, then all of a suuden THREE AT ONCE… I smell a /0 error here, either that or phaaze doesn’t even have the brains of a parasite. Never mind the fact that phazon is more powerful than fuel gel, never mind the fact that it self replicates, but think about how phaaze spreads. think about the way a parasite does, think about humans for a minute. why would you go to the trouble spreading across the cosmos, so far that you had to open up a wormhole unless you already used up everything up until that point? phaaze can’t be unique sending all those seeds out. there isnt always a bounty hunter willing to risk terminal corruption to end it you know. even the chozo, their combined power wasn’t even enough to seal it up! and how does the will of an individual conquer that of a planet? even if you assume that metroid prime WAS the leviathan seed, how did it conquer a planet? if it’s because Phaaze was benign to begin with and it was only because the metroid intelligence was stronger, that means that the CHOZO started the whole thing by introducing violence into its programming! Also, phaaze existed before dark samus and even aurora 313, so why in the hell did the planet go when they died? is phaaze a slave planet, or is it really sentient? a sentient being does not simply let itself be killed. So phaaze is not sentient. If phaaze is a slave planet, then why did control not shift to the last corrupted sentience, samus? Where did phaaze even come from? We need books like halo or I write them myself.

Beyond that it was a great game, just too different from the other primes. nevertheless, I feel that nothing should be changed. It may be story breaking, but that’s honestly as good as it will ever get. Beam stacking was cool, but that killed beam combos… now the only reason to get more than 30 missiles is to see the 100% ending. also, TWO beams? that’s it? ice missiles were cool, but I kinda enjoyed having 4 beams… oh well, nintendo will get it right eventually, like they did with prime. Corruption doen’t deserve the prime title. The only question is: what could possibly be next?

Samus Aran is no ordinary person, her light shines brigter than all others, she is the Chozo’s Chosen one, and she destroyed the planet Phaaze, by destroying it’s core intelligence.
It was so dependant on AU 313 that it could no longer sustain itself without it.
The wormhole was used to cut down on travel time, it was hundreds of thousands of light years away. The Metroid Prime was the guardian of a leviathan, and you have to remember, it had a lot more time to spread, even impeded by the Chozo energy lock.
All phazon was destroyed after Phaaze because… err… Phazon was getting too ‘Power Up!’ for the game designers, and they wanted to destroy it.
The planet’s control didn’t go over to Samus, because it doesn’t work like that, AU 313 was controling it directly, not through some sort of Corruptolink.

… So it is a slave planet…

anyways, on topic, I came up with an exuse to continue metroid past fusion!

Imagine this, samus simply tells the federation that the X activated the intercept course, and she had been waiting patiently until the warning lights went off. When asked why the X would activate it, she replies with something along these lines: “The X was intelligent, but only sponged knowledge off of others. It cannot think for itself beyond basic instinct. If every soldier, no, every human was granted a powersuit lke my own, what’s the first thing you’d do?” General: “I don’t know, maybe take out all the pirates?” Samus: “Exactly. The X finally felt that it was strong enough to destroy its main predator, the metroids. It wanted revenge, and wanted it as fast as possible. It arranged for the station to land, only stations don’t land. It figured on the blast. What it did not even think to consider is all around us. Air. It knew that most of the planet would be gone in the explosion, and that most X would die, but if the metroids could be eliminated, it had no choice. But the one piece of knowledge that the X failed to glean from any of its hosts is what it’s like in the cold vacum of space. Nothing it absorbed even hinted at what would happen without an atmosphere. It never had to deal with it, even on the station there was air. it may have survived the blast, but I assure you it’s dead for good. Oh, and it turns out the ice beam works after all.”

LOL. Exactly, and completely plausible… but X absorbed scientist’s knowledge. But then… they used humans as food so… Forget it. You must be right.

No, I disagree, it may have been acting on instinct, but it certainly had higher thinking.
The scientist-X that was shutting down the generators was doing so, knowing it would create an effect, knowing that one effect of that would be it’s own death. A purely instinct based decision would never be to take it’s own life, evolution would root that out, it was a calculated choice, to destroy itself, along with all it’s enemies.
The SA-X knew how to use samus’ powersuit, and, for example, recognised the wave beam as what it is, a wall-go-through beam. Pure instinct would tell you that once something’s behind a barrier, you can’t get it, you need to find another way.

So, basicly, what I’m saying is: Yes, the X acted on instinct, but only to the degree humanity does, too. It had higher thinking, and while it wasn’t as complex as a being more developed, it was still enough to constitute as intelligent and sentient.

I’m inclined to agree with Phazon Yoshi. While the X may have been acting on instinct, it most definitely had higher thinking.

The X used Humans as food? Since when?

Heres my story as I may use in a game (sorry hard to type on wii)
Samus returns to fed. HQ and is arrested. Her ship and suit are isolted in case of X infection. The SA-X managed 2 sneak on samus ship and now destroys samus suit. The feds jetison the isolated bay, and detonate it, however your ship leaves with the SA-X in it prior to detonation. Fearing the worst the feds turn to you, offering a full pardon if you destroy this new threat. You are given a prototype fed armorsuit based on your previous chozo power suit and go to kill the SA-X, wich has been tracked to a pirate-held word…

i’d think up something like a reaction to the metroid vaccine
an evolution to samus of some sort
a metroid type of mutation or something

Oh s123i68, this higher thinking was granted to SA-X via the Varia suit, which formed a symbiotic being with Samus, which it duplicated and therefore knew how to use the suit. Other Xs aquired their higher thinking via humans, which they after ate as stock. All it did was attack and feed. It did so to Samus, and to teh crew.

Huh…didn’t know that…thanks for the info.

The main reason the X tried to cause the boiler room (or whatever) to go into meltdown was simply because of the guarnteed survival of their species. Samus and the Metroids, the X’s main threat. There were plenty of these parasites on Sr-388, so the X figured, “hey, we might as well blow up this station, killing all the Metroid clones AND Samus. Then the X on SR-388 will spread, universal domination will be ours!”

Um, I clearly remember SOMEplace in Fusion’s dialog, somebody said that the X were using humans as food because their X form was too week for battle. I am going to go play Fusion now and find where in the dialog that was.

It’s early-mid game. I thinks it’s around when you stop the boiler from blowing up the station where the X mimicked a scientist.

Yeah, that was actually clarified, and I found it in-game just a few days ago.

If there is a metroid fusion sequel my guess is that it will not have any X. It’s probably gonna focus on the GF’s corrupt system or maybe any metroids that survived from the station crashing in metroid fusion (there’s a very low chance though).

hummm, in fact, in fusion they end up the entire metroid thing… there was no metroid left in sr388, this why the X spread, the only ones left was in the secret lab… that went kaboom after the sa-x got there.

it will be very dificult to make a metroid game… without metroids…

whatever anyway, they will find a way…