No, but seriously, I love Obama!

/////FINAL POST EVER/////
@ Tim, I had fun reading it :wink: and my mom is a brilliant proofor.
@Daz, No I won’t, SEE
@072, you are correct sir, I hate to see children suffer/be snuffed out because of the lack of responsibility.

This forum lacks anything that would make me want to stay, I’ve found a new home, so I wish you all the best of luck. No hard feelings, sorry if you think my sentiment is too harsh. If your looking for a good alternative Metroid forum, try MFM. I sincerely hope each one of you finds happiness. -EdtheDestroyer

And yet somehow that post was almost entirely legible. What the hell, man? >_>

Either way, uh, okay. Bye then?

We’re too liberal for him. :frowning:
Just like McCain!

Ohhh, lmao. Daz, are you talking about the “Your kind >_<”?

By that, I was referring to your comment about “my kind”. Speaking of which, I’m really getting sick of you responding to me like I’m a generic christian trying to preach to you. My belief in God has nothing to do with ANYTHING I’ve said in this topic.

Tim:

They would become human life without direct interference. Just as, say, a guy in a coma. Surely it’s okay to pull the plug on him even though he has a great chance of recovery.

No, I was talking about how in the Metroid Prime 3-bashing debate I told you to stop being off-topic and you accused me of only caring because you were disagreeing with me.

And the guy in a coma is already a human. The fetus is no more human than two sperm swimming side-by-side.

That said, you have a point about the Christian-bashing, and I do apologize for that. But to be fair, most of your arguments -are- in line with “Christian” beliefs (even if the Bible rarely actually mentions most of it).

Oh, so you randomly brought something up I said months ago in a different topic for no reason? <_<

Yeah, pretty sure you read that as “You’re kind”.

The fetus is “human” too, just not alive. Like the guy in the coma. It isn’t a perfect analogy, but I’m sure you get my point.

What? I had a perfectly good reason to mention it. Last time I used mod-power to yell at someone who disagreed with me, I got accused of doing it solely because they disagreed. I was just clarifying that ahead of time this time.

I don’t even get what “you’re kind” would MEAN in that context. Besides, I’m a copy-editor. It’s my job to find errors like using your for you’re. I wouldn’t possibly have misread that, especially after I just used that exact phrase towards you.

Also, no, the fetus is not human. That’s why it’s still a fetus–it’ll BECOME a human, but it ISN’T yet one.

^That’s what made me think you read it as you’re kind.

Your original comment about Admin-bullying certainly makes me think something I said promted it, but I’m not sure what it was.

Ah, no. I was referring to Ed there. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, okay. But something I said had to’ve prompted this:

No. Nothing you said -here- prompted it. The fact remains that you were the one that did that, and you were actively in this topic, so I thought you might again.

Can we get back on topic here? >_>

Abortion or politics? <_<

glances up

Well, it seems to me that the topic was about the upcoming presidential election.

It also seems that abortion is a potential issue in said election.

Therefore, um… boh?

Okay, I should respond to this then…

Because that natural biological urge has consequences. Okay, so abortion can alleviate those consequences, and that is probably my biggest problem with it; it gives people a reason to act irresponsible. In a similar way, hunger is a natural biological urge; no more “wrong” than sex is. But… if you over-eat, there are consequences. I guess the abortion here is liposuction. <_<

Fair enough. That’s why I think it should be allowed, but heavily restricted. It should not just be another form of contraception–but it definitely has its place.

Besides, once it happens, we get great research from it and can work on curing cancer and alzheimer’s and shit.

I think we can all take solace in the fact that women aren’t likely to want to replace condoms with a doctor ripping babies out of their vagina.

Though you never know, maybe some chicks dig that.

Tim, you scare me sometimes.

Um… wha? This is the fastest moving topic I’ve ever seen on this forum.

By the way, Ed… if you ever read this again, Mccain actually DOES support the bill, considering he’s the one who brought it up… and then Hillary was like “Hey, that’s a good idea. I’m gonna support that, too. Everyone hates gas prices, that’ll get me elected for sure!”

Aside from that, I like how you said it was fine for the government to slowly take away our rights and then said something (I think <_<) about Obama being a commy, or letting in commies, or… some shit like that…

And seconded. Tim can scare me sometimes, but I have a friend that is Satan’s avatar or something. Satan’s very, very open avatar, so you actually don’t top the list.
Actually, you might be a close seventh…

Doesn’t it kinda make sense to allow abortions in the cases where it’s non-consensual? On the female’s end, I mean. I mean, if a girl and a guy have sex and he claims that it was non-consensual, then A. He’s lying (usually), and B. It doesn’t really affect him much if the person that raped him has a baby.
Aside from maybe psychological and… stuff. But not enough to tell her to have an abortion.

Legally speaking a guy can’t get raped anyway. >_>

Seriously?
Huh. That’s odd… never knew that.