Now WTF should i get ???

you, my friend, are an ass.

let us believe whatever we want… we dont need you coming in here to make us conform to your opinions.

i will say that blizzard took some ideas from wh40K but come on… you’re comparing a table top game to a computer game…

Actually yes, we can.
>_>
All we need is a half-decent computer.

Well Starcraft isn’t even that good for one thing and as far as the JRPG thing is concerned…tell me have you ever even played a tales game?..I thought not, all you ignorant Americans bashing most anything Japanese or even un-American makes me regret living in such proximity to you country

and another thing DoW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SC
therefore we can asume that DoW2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SC2
hell DoW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SC2
pile of turd>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SC2 because anything but CoD that has Activision’s slippery hands on it is horrid.

and @zurg if you can find a half decend emulator let me know eh?

lastly in regards to “stalker r gud”
link

I’m English, take your ignorant stereotypes away, please.

The greatness of a game does not ensure the greatness of a sequel, nor condemn it.
Deus Ex, for example, had a shit sequel.

I have played JRPGs, and while they’re ok, please god give me a western RPG, or at least a pre-7 final fantasy.
Just because it’s activision doesn’t mean it’ll be shit, you biased tool.

As for the emulator, they’re coding an entire hardware system, give them time to perfect it. And there’s still a long time to perfect it.

I find the fact that you’re linking to a ZP hilarious, because as we all know, the reviews are all incredibly negative, even for good games. Plus, that’s not even the same game, you can’t google straight, it’s the sequel! (Plus it’s far better with mods, specifically the oblivion lost mod. Awesome in a .zip)

And another thing, PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>xbox
so we can assume Better PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>XBox360
Hell, PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>XBox360
Pile of shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>360 because anything that badly made just isn’t worth it.

I hate those fucking videos =/ Totally bullshit “reviews,” if you can call them that.
It seems his main problem with the game was that it was too hard for him, and a whole review about a game being too hard isn’t that impressive to me =3

Actually, to be totally honest, I want to try the game after seeing that.

Also, I love JRPGs, but the Tales games are not the best of them, not even close.
ALSO, starcraft is an awesome rts, and Activision is supposedly having very little effect on the activities in Blizzard.

ALSO, it’d be cool if you didn’t resort to flaming, especially incorrect stereotype flaming. A few too many of my friends are absolutely obsessed with anything Japanese, as is the majority of younger people in my area.

edit: PY beat me =D

@PY: JRPG stories>WRPG stories by infinite fold, bedsides most (with the exception of games by BioWare) WRPGs are mutated mockeries of JRPGs

also i thought we had gone past the 360vsPC thing and I was spreading the truth about DoW while defending modern JRPGs so your ‘hilarious’ conversion of my point to console hating is pointless, being that PC and console gamers can never get along as further proven by this, also Canadians hate Americans and vice versa and all north Americans resent the Europeans while you hate Americans and call pretend Canada desn’t exist calling us Americans. however that’s irrelevant world truth and has nothing to do with this.

On a side note HD gaming fr cheaper FTW!

I mean come on even you must realize in your console hating-ness that it does cost a pretty penny to get the same result on a PC that you get on a 360.

@CloudVaris

For starters Zero Punctuation is fucking hilarious.

If Activision isn’t involved with blizzard, why does battle.net cost money now?

I mean come on with the way you people worship Blizzard you must be of the opinion that Bilzzard can do no wrong, and you PC gamers bitch whenever people talk of money for online so that’s pretty contradictory innit?

Thirdly my steryotypes are actually formed on experience dealing with Americans both online and off.

http://www.vg-network.com/dolphin-64bit
GCN/Wii Emulator

I lost the link to the latest version, which makes me mad, because I now have a PC that could run it. >:(

Just felt I should quote this as a reminder that you yourself said most of this was opinion based, and now you are trying to force your opinions on us =3
That said, it’s my opinion that Zero Punctuation “reviews” are retarded. In an almost literal sense =)

Okay, so you hate the people from USA that you happened to know were from the US. I bet you’ve met and liked plenty of people that were from the US that you simply didn’t know were from here. Also, I don’t hate Canadians, I think that, on average, you guys are awesome. Some of my best online friends are from Winnipeg, some of my favorite bands are from Canada, etc. Please leave the stereotypes out.

Has the fee for battle.net been confirmed as a set-in-stone thing? I wasn’t paying that much attention to the news coming out of Blizzard, I heard it was either a rumor or a possibility they were thinking about. And aside from that, I just know that multiple people at blizzard (including the RTS Community Organizer Karune) have stated that Activision won’t be affecting the day-to-day operations at Blizzard or the way they develop their games. That doesn’t make it true, but it’s just what they’ve said.

I don’t actually care where you got your stereotypes from, you’re still judging people based off of preconceived notions about their nationality and not the actual person you’re dealing with.

Yes but I’ve noticed that the members of this forum (and in fact Blizzards entire fanbase) either snubs off WH40k, DoW or sometimes even Games Workshop as either nonexistent or newer than Blizzard and Starcraft/Warcraft, and I’ll give them DoW there but its actually a WH40k license Starcraft is just a ripoff, notably Warcraft is a ripoff of Warhammer but to a lesser extent and I don’t begrudge Warcraft because the Warhammer games by Bamco suck ass.

As far as the B.net fee is concerned, I do believe that they confirmed it and that it is entirely Activisions fault.

DoW2 however will use GFWL* and it has been confirmed that there will be no downside to only having Silver and that Gold members will have no benefits in all new GFWL games

*Games for Windows; Live

On a side note: I think that the PS2 is a cancer to the industry now and that anything software wise that requires a 64 bit OS and therefore a 64Bit processor is not worth using/making yes those two don’t seem related do they?

Quite sad, sir.

It’s LEET in numbers. Or really in “1337 speak.” Dubbed the language of hackers, or something like that :stuck_out_tongue:. The title of the “language” really is 1337 though, and basically translates to “Elite.” So he was - yeah, you get it now. Hopefully.

I hope you’re not seriously saying Warcraft is ripping the Orcs off from Warhammer <_<
Warhammer ripped plenty of ideas off from other sources as well, so the whole “they ripped off warhammer” argument is a fairly weak one. They certainly weren’t the original source for the race known as Orcs, and if they took the orcs, then I think it’s alright for starcraft to take a little bit from the space marines.
(…I wish I knew more about warhammer right now.)

…yeah, I don’t understand the correlation or the reasoning to the PS2 comment <_< 64 bit is great, for things that take advantage of it… why would it not be worth it to make 64 bit software?

I’m not even going to bother, you’ve gone beyond making coherent points and are now just spewing crap that even the most Console-Loving person would realise is crap.

“I was spreading the truth about DoW”
Hurrrrr bias, I’ll go spread the truth about scientology now.

“your ‘hilarious’ conversion of my point to console hating is pointless, being that PC and console gamers can never get along as further proven by this, also Canadians hate Americans and vice versa and all north Americans resent the Europeans while you hate Americans and call pretend Canada desn’t exist calling us Americans. however that’s irrelevant world truth and has nothing to do with this.”

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE SAYING HERE. It seems like you’ve made up a bunch of stereotypes, which aren’t true in the slightest, at least not for I. (If I hated americans, I’d have far fewer people to talk to)

“that it does cost a pretty penny to get the same result on a PC that you get on a 360.”
At it’s release, yeah, but the 2000 series is old old old now. Plus, if you factor in there’s a lot more games that are both awesome and free (and no I am not talking about piracy, I’m talking about a real indie scene), you’ll have a lot more fun for your penny. Plus my PC won’t RRoD, because it’s built properly, not built to overheat if it tries anything too hard.

“For starters Zero Punctuation is fucking hilarious.”
Agree’d, but that doesn’t make it a good review. You love halo? Go watch his halo review, then. IT MUST BE SHIT HURRR.

“DoW2 however will use GFWL”
Now that is more of a cancer to the industry than anything else.

I really don’t see what you have against 64bit? Like, seriously, it means nothing in today’s consoles, they’re nowhere near reaching the address limits of 32bit, and 64bit doesn’t make a difference if you’re programming for it. That’s possibly the most retarded thing you’ve said all day.

you say GFWL is a cancer but GOLD (costs $$) DOESN’T HAVE BENEFITS ANYMORE SILVER (free) GETS YOU ALL THE LIVE CONTENT ON THE NEWER GFWL GAMES, READ MY FULL POST!!

Ok now that that’s taken care of.

64bit REQUIRING software is bad because it costs MORE money for the 64bit OS and the 64bit processor AND IF YOU TELL ME TO GO UPGRADE I WILL STAB YOU, DON’T THING THE THOUGHT HASN’T OCCURRED TO ME, I’M JUST TOO POOR.

Now I’m talking about 'spreading the truth of DoW because 1: its better, 2: it isn’t a ripoff because it actually has the license, and 3: as I said before, most of Blizzards fanbase while knowing full well of the games existence, pretends that it doesn’t exist. Also its a PC game, so it has nothing to do with my defense of console gaming and everything to do with my war on Blizzard.

My last point of the post is: FOR FUCKS SAKE NEW 360s DON’T RRoD, it just doesn’t happen because of the improved cooling system, if you were to buy a 360 and it DID RRoD it would because the thing has been rotting in a backroom for over a year.

…so I’m also going to assume you hate software that requires dual or quad cores? <_<
(By the way, I don’t think I’ve ever seen software developed for 64-bit that costs more than it’s 32-bit counterpart, which is usually available… same for dual or quad cores.)

If software requires 64 bit, just get the 32 bit version. Or, if the company hasn’t made a 32 bit version, I’m betting another piece of software does the exact same thing, so just buy that instead.

p.s., with your “too poor” argument, it’s like saying that programs that require more ram are bad, because it costs too much to upgrade to 2 or 4 gigs.
And to sum up the effect of THAT, if people were restricted to, say, requiring 128 mb of ram for a piece of software, that would keep software development and software capabilities from moving forward, so isn’t it relatively safe to say that restricting processors to single-core 32-bit would have a similar effect?

Edit: p.p.s., I’m not convinced on the RRoD, two of my friends got 360s in the last three monthsish, both have RRoD’d. I’m not sure when the new cooling was implemented, either, but another friend won an XBox somtime last year, also RRoD’d, even after he got an external fan.

1. Proven Fact: Intercoolers fuck your console AND void the warranty because they start sucking power right when to console boots up, this puts strain on the power supply because it is starting up the motherboard, graphics card, processor and cooling unit. That is what the power supply is meant to do as the thing boots up, but an intercooler starts up with is sucking out more power overheating the power supply causing RRoD. Also you do need to be intelligent and put the console in a well ventilated area, and not putting some other console on top, like many RRoD sufferers do, I mean I’ve had my 360 for a year and haven’t had any problems whatsoever with red lights, even on like day-long playing sessions. (except when my AC adapter wasn’t plugged in quite right so it gave me 2 flashing lights)

2. Yes but to get a dual core processor for me would require an new motherboard, likely a new power supply and what do you know really I would need a new computer.

(yeah kinda out of order but the points still stand)

So… you don’t like PC gaming because you don’t have a good PC?

That makes sense, they don’t call it the green eyed monster for nothing.

I don’t think anything has been written that requires 64bit, because the market penetration is far too low for it to be viable.

Gfwl, regardless of whether something has benefits or not, is a ridiculous idea, and paying for an online service on PC is ridiculous, (WOW and such things don’t count, that’s different).

“My last point of the post is: FOR FUCKS SAKE NEW 360s DON’T RRoD”
Yes, and the PC does a jig if you type xyzzy into the console.

GCN/Wii/PS2/Xbox emulators.
>_>
And what is with Syntax man and all caps?

@ zurg
Don’t speak of me as if I’m not reading these posts or not there…whatever, if you want to know something about me ask me directly k?

and i use all caps for points in my posts that are like in a raised voice…or…something like that

@PY
GFWL Silver is FREE ffs

and I have no idea how to respond to that last part of your post…i honestly don’t know how to respond to

It’s WoW’s 4th anniversary! Log in for a BABY BEAR!!

…wh…wha…huh…WHAT?!?